Getting Started With Email-Based Online Counselling or Therapy
The process for getting started with email-based counselling takes only a few minutes to complete.
If you are feeling suicidal, please consider contacting your physician or an organization such as the Samaritans or Befrienders International immediately.
If you’ve read this far, you may be considering online counselling or therapy as a tool which can help you meet a particular goal, overcome or manage a difficulty, or allow you to identify more clearly what matters to you — or perhaps you’re considering it because you feel something is just not quite right.
In any case, you’re here. That suggests you probably already have two important ingredients: hope and determination. I do too. Here’s how we can get started.
- Step 1: Check the Background Information on Process, Costs and Security Considerations
- There is no requirement for you to read every single page in this section about counselling via email, but I do ask that you read through the Counselling Terms of Service, and it may be helpful to check the information about the suitability of email-mediated counselling and about effective email communication.
- Step 2: Complete the Secure Online Welcome Questionnaire
- Step two is to complete the online Welcome Questionnaire, which provides the personal details required to begin our counselling work together. This questionnaire is protected by full 256-bit SSL encryption.
- Step 3: Purchase Initial Email Counselling WordBank Balance or Opt for Our Unlimited Subscription Option
- The CounsellingResource.com counselling service accepts secure credit card payment via PayPal, one of the world’s largest and most respected secure internet payment processing services.
- Step 4: What Happens Next?
- I will review your Welcome Questionnaire and then contact you with a specially-generated email address which you can use to contact me. You will then receive some additional information, and we’ll be ready to begin our counselling work.
This specific article was originally published by Dr Greg Mulhauser on .on and was last reviewed or updated by